Tracasa has a team of specialists in water engineering that can tackle all phases considered in a flooding study:
– These studies rely on the availability of high precision DTM generated using a LiDAR flight using our own resources.
– Pluviometric study: Isomax curves for precipitation in 24 hours for the different return periods
– Hydrological study: Hec-HMS → Design flows for the different return periods
– Historical and geomorphological study: carried out using historical images and using photogrammetric restitution techniques.
– 1D and 2D hydraulic studies: this requires a very accurate DTM including slope head and foot break lines, masonry walls. The model runs in InfoWorks RS.
– Risk maps: working from vulnerability and danger maps
– Flood management plans: a plan compiles structural measures (sizing the projects, plus their economic and efficiency assessment) and non structural measures (early warning system).
Projects framed within the European Directive 2007/60 on assessing and managing flooding risks.
Flooding survey on the River Arga in Navarra
Flooding survey on the River Ega in Navarra